Do you hate programming and reprogramming your old thermostat, only to find that your home is never at a comfortable temperature? Have you been discouraged by your high energy bills? Investing in a smart thermostat is good both for the environment and for your wallet. While a thermostat may be a basic feature in your home, it can make or break your energy bills.
Chances are, if you’re using the basic thermostat that came with your house or apartment, you are using up unnecessary amounts of energy to heat or cool your home. If you’re curious about what a smart thermostat is and why you may want to consider getting one, read on!
What is a Smart Thermostat?
A smart thermostat is a wifi-enabled thermostat that usually connects to a smartphone or similar device. Smart thermostats have algorithms that are able to learn your temperature preferences and automatically adjust the heating and cooling settings in your home, improving energy efficiency and saving you money on your energy bill. Smart thermostats have more customizable features and settings than traditional programmable thermostats, and users are even able to control temperature settings remotely to maximize efficiency and minimize unnecessary energy consumption.
Benefits of Smart Thermostats
- User-friendly interface is usually easier to manage than traditional programmable thermostats
- Can be controlled remotely from a smartphone or tablet – you don’t need to be home to change your heating or cooling settings!
- Provides insights on energy usage and automatically adjusts settings for maximum energy efficiency
- Some smart thermostats are equipped with geofencing technology, and are able to know when you are coming home (and the thermostat will adjust your home’s heating and cooling settings accordingly)
- Use algorithms to learn your behaviors and temperature preferences, ensuring that your home is always at the perfect temperature for you and your family
Smart thermostats are easy to use, energy efficient, and will save you money on your energy bill each month! To find out if your home’s electrical system is compatible with smart thermostats or to schedule a smart thermostat installation, give Lion Home Service a call at (970) 632-2281.