It’s cold outside and you need your furnace to work. Whether you’ve just moved in or you’ve been in the same place for a while, it’s a good idea to get your furnace checked out every year. We offer a comprehensive furnace tune up that does just that. We’ll make sure everything is running smoothly, diagnose any problems before they cause your furnace to stop heating entirely, and make sure you stay warm all winter long.
Not sure if you need this service? Here are some signs that it’s time to call for your tune up today.
- It’s been at least a year since you had one. Most furnace manufacturers recommend getting your furnace tuned up at least once a year. Some actually want you to do it twice! Check out the manufacturer’s guidelines in your manual or online, and we’ll come out and do the work according to their specifications. If your furnace is under warranty, it’s even more important that you get this done. Some warranties are voided if you don’t have regular tune ups.
- Your furnace is old. Most furnaces last between 10 and 20 years. If yours is 10 years old or older, it’s a good idea to get it checked out more frequently. This can head off any problems before they affect the temperature of your home.
- Your energy bills are high. Do you pay more than you used to when you run your furnace? If so, then there’s a good chance that something isn’t working as well as it could. We’ll diagnose the problem, which is often solved simply by servicing the unit. If it needs more work, we’ll let you know that, too.
- Your furnace makes unusual noises. Most furnaces run almost silently. If yours is making banging noises or any other noises, it’s time to get it check out. We’ll perform routine maintenance and, in the process, determine what is making the unusual sound. Then, we’ll get it fixed before your house gets cold.
- Changing the temperature on the thermostat doesn’t help. If you feel like you’re constantly turning up the heat but your house isn’t getting any warmer, let us know. Part of our tune up involves checking your thermostat and making sure it’s still properly connected to your furnace and is correctly reflecting the temperature in your home. If there’s a problem, we’ll let you know.
- Your furnace turns off and on frequently. Your furnace should turn on, run until your home is warm, then turn off again. If it’s turning off and on more frequently than that, it’s time for a tune up. We’ll service the unit and see if that helps. If it doesn’t, we’ll figure out what else is going on and get it all working again.
When it’s time for a tune up, call us at Lion Home Service. We’ll send out a professional furnace service expert to perform standard maintenance on your unit according to the manufacturer’s specifications. We’ll also help you get any problems fixed, so you and your family aren’t left out in the cold.